Tmobile GPRS

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 3 20:26:02 CEST 2008

I have t-mobile and the webconnect plan, and this worked for me, the version of the script you show
did not work... Just change wap.voicestream.com to internet2.voicestream.com

 > cat /etc/ppp/tmobile-connect
TIMEOUT 20
ABORT BUSY
ABORT "NO ANSWER"
ABORT "NO DIALTONE"
ABORT VOICE
ABORT ERROR
ABORT RINGING
SAY 'Starting GPRS connect script\n'
"" +++
OK ATZ
OK ATE1
OK AT+CFUN=1
OK AT+COPS
SAY 'Setting APN\n'
OK AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"
ABORT 'NO CARRIER'
SAY 'Dialing...\n'
OK ATD*99***1#
CONNECT /n/d

I also had to do this to make it connect...

echo "1" > /sys/bus/platform/devices/neo1973-pm-gsm.0/power_on
chown uucp.uucp /dev/ttySAC0
stty -F /dev/ttySAC0 crtscts
pppd call tmobile-connect

Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com