GSM detection/identification

Scott scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Aug 3 20:42:38 CEST 2008

Paul,

Sounds like what you want is to run the GSM radio in promiscuous mode,
like some wireless Ethernet radios can do.
My old Razr and the Iphone would do something like that. It won't tell
you the carrier but it will list the available sites, with their ID and
signal strength.  There is a web page with all the site id's on it
connected to google maps. Can't remember the address off the top of my head.

If you could mash up the site ID's gathered from your phone to the web
site????

Scott

There might be an AT command to do just that.  On my old razr