Openmoko on Design

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Mon Aug 4 11:50:34 CEST 2008

> I have a MIDI keyboard I can bring with me to LinuxWorld, and a USB/
> MIDI
> interface.

Well I spent some time hacking on it this weekend and I've gotten a
basic MIDI parser/librarian/sequencer setup on the Freerunner now ..
great fun to play back tracks to my 19" rack using the Freerunner!
But I've got some cleaning up to do and some serious catching up to do
in the packaging department before I can put this out there for
general use - right now its quite a bit hacky to get things started.

> If your synth is ready in time I'd love to show it.

It would be nice indeed, but I don't think I'm ready to release yet ..
I have to get move away from my current hacked-up configuration to a
cleaner, public-packaged style setup .. and I can't really do that
with the moving targets of our current images, alas .. but stay tuned,
because if things go well with this weeks new ASU release, I'll do my
work all over again and make sure I produce proper packages that will
work for a majority.

;
--
Jay Vaughan