GNU Radio (Was: firmware Re: IMEI)

Torfinn Ingolfsen tingox at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 14:17:31 CEST 2008

Hello,

On Sun, Aug 3, 2008 at 9:31 PM, Esben Stien <b0ef at esben-stien.name> wrote:
> Really none of the firmware is open. We should be looking at putting
> GNU Radio inside the Neo;). Has anyone looked into this?. It shouldn't
> be illegal to sell such a device, cause GNU Radio boards are not
> illegal. There also is a GSM project related to GNU Radio to do the
> whole GSM stack in software, to my understanding.

GNU Radio[1] boards - I guess you mean the USRP[2]?
Based on the hardware requirements[3], none of the current Neos have
enough cpu power to use a GNU radio board.

See also the politics[4] section - IMHO, SDR[5] is going to get
outlawed as soon as someone tries to use it to circumvent established
networks (like the GSM network). Governments reacts slowly to change.