Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

ian douglas ian.douglas at iandouglas.com
Mon Aug 4 18:37:55 CEST 2008

Sean/Michael/Community:

It's been asked several times, especially regarding the GPS/SD "fixes"
and people ordering pico-farad capacitors and soldering irons ... I'm
hoping that at some point the "squeaky wheel" cliche will work itself
out and we'll get an answer.

The boxes the Freerunners came in gave no information about warranty, we
need to hear from Openmoko about what exactly the warranty does cover?
My understanding of the warranty time limit is that single purchases got
a 14-day "warranty", and group purchases were given a 28-day "warranty",
but we've never been told what the warranty includes.

I'd really like to outline some of this on the wiki since we're cleaning
it all up, etc., and since few users will ever search the mailing list
archives anyway.

Will it include any recall/repairs needed to fix the GPS/SD problems at
a hardware level?

Thanks,
Ian