Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

Dimitri spam2 at eflamenco.com
Mon Aug 4 19:58:35 CEST 2008

The warranty is essentially non-existent.

It's supposedly 14 days "D.O.A.". Dead On Arrival, in its strictest
definition, means that as long as the phone boots up, that's it. It doesn't
matter if it's not really functional. As long as it boots up, it's
technically not "DOA".

If it can't make phone calls or connect to the internet, too bad: it's not
"DOA".

If the GPS antenna doesn't work right, because of a hardware flaw, too bad:
it's not "DOA".

While I'm glad they're trying to put out a phone that's "open", I'm very
disappointed in their lack of customer support. I mean, it's not some
throw-away piece of crap. It's a $400 phone!

I feel mislead by their marketing, which led me (and, from what I've been
reading, many others) to think that the phone was actually ready for both
developers AND regular folks. This, of course, is false, as it can't even
connect to the internet *out of the box*, and requires a ridiculous degree
of programming knowledge to even do so. (As a Java programmer with 10 years'
experience, I've finally given up trying.)

Anyway, I'm done complaining. Anyone want to buy a new Freemoko? I'll sell
it for $350 with free shipping to anywhere in the US :)

Dimitri