cpu-speed limitations

Yorick Moko yorickmoko at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 22:54:57 CEST 2008

Hi all,

I've noticed that the speed/usability of a lot of apps deteriorates
when under heavy load: numptyphisics with a lot of objects on stage,
epiano whith fast successive hits, playing an mp3 with mplayer and
scrolling in the applications/PIM Suite/Games list.....
But when you check the cpu-usage of these programs you get percentages
ranging from 10 to 30 %, with total cpu usage max 50%. Can anyone
explain this to me?

To monitor cpu usage I use ps -eo pcpu,pid,user,args
I'm running a 2007.2 image with an up-to-date kernel on a GTA02v5.
If you need extra info I will gladly provide it.

ps: If I should have sent this mail to the devel-list, please let me know.