GPS rework: Please test and report on software fix prior to attempting any hardware fix

Michael Shiloh michael at openmoko.org
Tue Aug 5 02:33:01 CEST 2008

Agreed. I've been trying to gather that information for the past little
while. It's proven rather elusive, and I didn't want more people to try
the hardware fix until we really understand what the software fix can
do, so I thought I'd better ask for the test ASAP, and then continue
working on the info.

Andy, can you provide links to two kernels: one before, and one after
the fix?

The test will consist something like

cat /dev/ttySAC1 | grep GPGGA

and then time it until it gets a fix. I'll be more specific.

Perhaps I'll set up a wiki page for this.

Michael