alarm clock for 2007.2?

Dirk Bergstrom openmoko at otisbean.com
Tue Aug 5 04:39:10 CEST 2008

At Tue, 05 Aug 2008 09:39:31 +0800,"W.Kenworthy" <billk at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Is there an alarm clock pkg for 2007.2?  Something that plays a sound at
> a particular time off the calendar?
> I even tried to search the repo for cron and at without luck - so I
> suppose these are manual build/installs?

As I understand it, there is not yet a cron or the moral equivalent.
It's not a simple port, as you have to be able to wake the phone from
suspend, etc.

I'm hoping that someone who understands the low-level issues will
decide to dive into this, because I have a number of ideas that
require something like cron.  Perhaps this will be part of FSO?  Arne
brought it up on the list about six weeks ago, and there was no real
answer then.

--
      Dirk Bergstrom           krid at otisbean.com
             http://otisbean.com/