Navit?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 5 04:53:42 CEST 2008

Has anybody managed to get Navit working on their freerunner?

I managed to set up the toolchain but when i run om-conf, it tells me
that it can't find gps.h and disables gpsd support. I proceeded to
compile and built an ipkg anyway, and set up a vehicle in the navit.xml
file telling it to read from /dev/ttySAC1, but this gives repeated
errors to the effect that it's the wrong baid rate or not NMEA format.

I also extracted a map using the tool at
http://maps.navit-project.org/download/ and set navit to use this map,
but it doesn't look very good at all, I get a garbled display which
looks nothing like australia. has anybody else had any luck with this,
or got any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Regards,
-Dale