Navit?

Dale Maggee antisol at internode.on.net
Tue Aug 5 08:09:58 CEST 2008

Dale Maggee wrote:
> Jeffrey Ratcliffe wrote:
>
>> 2008/8/5 Dale Maggee <antisol at internode.on.net>:
>>

>>> Has anybody managed to get Navit working on their freerunner?
>>>

>> I've been working on this, but unfortunately, Real Life has been
>> preventing me sorting out the problem I had - that the build was
>> failing in the tool chain because it builds a sample map as part of
>> the build process, using the osm2navit tool it compiles - which of
>> course won't run on the host.
>>
>> I commented out those parts of the makefile that build the sample,
>> built the ipkg, but haven't had time to test...
>>
>> Jeff
>>

> I managed to get it to skip building the sample map by passing
> '--disable-samplemap' to om-conf.
> #om-conf navit-0.0.4 --disable-samplemap
>
> I also tried passing --enable-gpsd, but this didn't seem to have any
> effect, gpsd is still disabled.
>
> I'll try building my own map and see how that goes.
>
> did your om-conf detect gps.h and enable gpsd?
>
> If so and you can post your ipkg online, or even email it to me
> directly, I'll be happy to try it out! :)
>
> Cheers,
> -Dale

OK, so I've tried building the maps myself, but I just keep getting 'bad
request' when I use wget. I expect that this is because I'm in the
southern hemisphere, as the example wget command on the website works fine.

$ wget -O map.osm
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/map?bbox=136.1,-37,136,-37.1

--16:01:34--
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.5/map?bbox=136.1,-37,136,-37.1
Resolving www.openstreetmap.org... 128.40.58.202
Connecting to www.openstreetmap.org|128.40.58.202|:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 400 Bad Request
16:01:36 ERROR 400: Bad Request.

I've decided to just go the excessive route and download planet.bin (I
could kiss my 8gb SD card!), we'll see how that goes.