cpu-speed limitations

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Tue Aug 5 11:51:54 CEST 2008

> This is probably the negative effect of Glamo bandwidth constraints.
> All of your examples have some kind of heavy graphical action.  If SD
> Card is being accessed at the same time it'll also make it sluggish.
>
> Glamo has the undeserved unique ability to force the CPU to wait for it,
> and it isn't shy about using it.  I have some patches pending that
> should improve this a bit but how much I dunno
I've noticed laggy scrolling in menus even without graphical
applications running.

400MHz is not going to set the world on fire but is certainly not
sluggish and should be adequate given the task at hand. What is the deal
with Glamo? Do we have - or will we ever have - meaningful graphics
acceleration for the Freerunner, given that this Glamo appears to be
handicapped by a bus that is not only slow to start with, but also shared?

Aaron