cpu-speed limitations

Jay Vaughan jayv at synth.net
Tue Aug 5 14:11:40 CEST 2008

> That kind of sucks doesn't it.  That there is a processor on the chip
> that could do, say, scrolling independently of the main processor
> and we
> aren't allowed to know how to do it.  I'm sure it's a great chip,
> but if
> we can't drive it in interesting ways:
>
> a) it means that Glamo doesn't look very good.
> b) developers will think that Glamo isn't very good and will ask for
> something else.
>
> Does this scenario work well for S Media?

I think the point is this: whoever *has* access to the documentation
at OpenMoko shouldn't be working on *anything else* except for getting
the features of this chip available to us in the public sphere. If
you've got the docs, why work on something that a public community
member can work on?  Work on the hard stuff - that which we can't get
the docs for here in the open community - and push the hardware as
much as possible.. please!

;
--
Jay Vaughan