Navit?

KaZeR kazer at altern.org
Tue Aug 5 14:24:15 CEST 2008

Dale Maggee a écrit :
> Wolfgang Silbermayr wrote:
>
>> Dale Maggee wrote:
>>

>>> I've decided to just go the excessive route and download planet.bin (I
>>> could kiss my 8gb SD card!), we'll see how that goes.
>>>

>> If you are inside europe (I don't know if you are), you could also head
>> over to http://download.geofabrik.de/osm/ and download only the parts
>> you need (either europe with nearly 700mb which get reduced to about
>> 200mb by osm2navit, or any european country).
>>
>> That's the way I use navit on my laptop.
>>
>> Greetings, Wolfgang.
>>

> Thanks for the advice, but I'm in Australia, not europe - I'm trying to
> get maps for the whole of Australia.
>
> -Dale

You can also try the web download interface at
http://maps.navit-project.org/download/
This is a web interface which allows one to select only a rectangular
area for maps.
http://maps.navit-project.org (alone, without the /download/) provides
downloadable countries which in fact are pre-converted maps from geofabrik.