any update on GSM interference issue

Josh Thompson om-comm at joshandbianca.net
Tue Aug 5 16:31:51 CEST 2008

On Monday August 04, 2008, Andy Green wrote:
> AFAIK in hardware this should be possible -- BT audio comes in on "VX"
> digital interface of WM8753 and there should be a path to get in and out
> of that to RXN/P pair and MONO1/2 pair.

So, I found this:

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Neo_1973_audio_subsystem

Now, I'm starting to understand what a lot of those setting in alsamixer mean.
Does anyone know how much of the "ALSA Channels" diagram has changed for the
FR?

It seems there are 3 steps to getting a bluetooth headset to work for making
calls.

1) connect the headset to the phone
2) route the audio correctly through the WM8753 so that it runs between the
bluetooth device and the GSM.
3) configure the PCM coming from the WM8753 to be the right format for going
to the bluetooth device.

Directions for step 1 seem to be here:
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Manually_using_Bluetooth#Headset_Audio
Although, I'm not sure how the python script plays into things.

Direction for step 2 seem to be on the audio subsystem page listed above using
the asound.state file
(http://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/%7Egg/neo1973/gsmbluetooth.state) as a
starting point.

I guess step 3 is solved with the bluetooth_pcm.c file that is linked to on
the same page.

Unfortunately, I don't have much time to work on this.  Hopefully, this will
help someone else move things along.

Josh