nfs on ASU

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Tue Aug 5 16:53:06 CEST 2008

Alex Kavanagh wrote:
> Fredrik Wendt wrote, On 05/08/08 14:43:
> > Andy wrote:
> >
> >> What workflow are you trying to achieve with NFS?  Unless you're
> >> changing large files a lot, scp to NAND or SD Card works well.
> >>

> > I intend to mount my music share (NFS) when I'm at work (over wlan since
> > GPRS will be to slow) and have my FR play my music over bt. When that
> > works, I'll stop carrying my laptop to and from work/home. (I'll also
> > need a bt keyboard and something running on top of libpurple, or use SSH
> > + some magic to light up the screen to get my attention.)
> >
> > So, I'm glad that NFS is still supported in FSO. :)
> >

> Is this for streaming media then?  Are you mounting your NFS share over
> the Internet (via a tunnel?) or is it just local?  I was musing about
> the possibility of using something like icecast to do something similar,
> but then there is the problem of controlling what you are listening to.

Currently I mount it directly off a public IP and let Rhythmbox read
from the local mount point. Works great.
I haven't got time yet to do something similar on the FR, but hopefully
next weekend I'll
- nfs mount
- start playing with my bluetooth headset (A2DP)

Currently I switch how I direct music using gconftool (on Ubuntu 8.04):
alias alsa-headset='gconftool -t string -s /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink "alsasink device=bluetooth"'
alias alsa-spekears='gconftool -t string -s /system/gstreamer/0.10/default/musicaudiosink "autoaudiosink"'

/ Fredrik

PS. Move this off devel@ - not sure why I posted/replied to that list in
the beginning ... DS