Third request: what *is* the warranty on the Freerunner?

Lally Singh lally.singh at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 17:42:49 CEST 2008

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 2:29 AM, Neng-Yu Tu (Tony Tu) <tony at openmoko.com> wrote:
> Hi Lally Singh:
>
>> The warranty is also bugging me.
>>
>> Is there anywhere else I could get one?  Or would OM be willing to
>> sell an extended warranty for a bit more $$?
>
> Our sales and marketing both are in US working on this now, no extended
> warranty yet.

If one's coming, and I don't get a dead FR before that, that's good :-)

Please, I'd like to emphasize again, that it's a *real* issue for me.
I can hack the software stack day and night (and I'd like to do some
work to make it easier for others to do the same), but dead HW is no
good.

>> Or at least a cheap spare parts program?  I don't mind swapping out
>> parts if they're available at reasonable prices.
>>

> We might have spare part or re-work package, but still under discussion.
> What spare part you need?

My 10-pack order group just got the 10th member, so I haven't even put
an order in yet.  I'd just like the parts to be available so I don't
have to shell out another $400 if something screws up.

Even if they're the working parts cannibalized from dead RMA'd FRs,
I'm fine with that.  Especially if it made the parts cheaper.

--
H. Lally Singh
Ph.D. Candidate, Computer Science