cpu-speed limitations

Aaron Sowry aaron at aeneby.com
Tue Aug 5 18:12:38 CEST 2008

> Is the glamo graphics stuff the 'most important' thing that should be
> done?
No, but I don't think it should be ignored. If there are a limited
number of people with the authority/ability to do this then I think
that's where their attention needs to be focused. 'Graphics stuff' might
seem like polish but a smooth and responsive interface would totally
transform the Freerunner as a palmtop device.
> i.e. in firmware on the glamo chip?  The qtopia image (which uses
> a framebuffer?) seems to get reasonably good performance without
> anything extra.
It's reasonably good, but not great. You'd never get compositing without
hardware acceleration (hey, I can dream can't I? ;) )

Aaron