GPS rework: Please test and report on software fix prior to attempting any hardware fix

Brian Wilson brian at wildsong.biz
Tue Aug 5 21:20:15 CEST 2008

When you are collecting data you might also keep in mind conditions
vary a lot according to the current satellite constellation. You
should include the count of satellites in view and the pdop number
with your results data.

You can do some planning to make sure you don't run one test when
conditions are good and then another tomorrow when conditions are bad
by using mission planning software.  See my comments here:

http://wildsong.biz/index.php?title=GPS_mission_planning_software

including a link to a Windows program that is available from Trimble for free.
(If anyone knows of an open source planning program do let me know!)

Brian