receiving SMS messages

Dan Weatherill plasteredparrot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 5 22:36:08 CEST 2008

I recently received my freerunner, and am enjoying it so far!

I have mainly been using the qtopia image from qtopia.net, but have
been regularly updating my kernel from buildhost.openmoko.org.

On doing some testing, I find the following: I can receive SMS messages
perfectly whilst the phone is on, in qtopia. Not always so well in the GTK
stack.

If the phone is in standby, and I receive a text message, the phone
wakes up but does not receive a text message. The person sending the
message does, however, receive a delivery report. This occurs in both
images as well.

If I then subsequently receive a message after the others, whilst the
phone is out of standby, I receive all the messages together. Hence, no
messages are "lost" in the ether, but it seems that messages received
whilst the phone is on standby are temporarily mislaid.
If there is any information I can provide to help you sort this please just
let me know. This is one of very few things preventing me using the neo
as a day to day phone with qtopia.