Bad A2DP Performance

Brad Midgley bmidgley at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:17:31 CEST 2008

Daniel

On Tue, Aug 5, 2008 at 1:03 PM, Daniel Benoy <daniel at benoy.name> wrote:
> I reported a problem to the openmoko bug tracker a little while ago and I haven't received any feedback yet.  I'm hoping I will get more feedback here.

there are two sources of possible trouble for quality, cpu load and
timing of bluetooth frames.

The cpu is not likely the problem on neo. When driving it through the
alsa driver, the neo1973 had really good a2dp performance even on
older versions of bluez-utils, much better than the TI cpus (eg in the
n800). Did you check the cpu load while playing? I don't have a
freerunner, but the cpu is supposed to only be an improvement over the
neo1973.

btw, what version of bluez-utils is in the system?

an aside, the gstreamer plugin has had a performance issue that burns
a lot of cpu. I never did isolate it to either the encoder or
transmission components. It isn't likely you're using the gstreamer
route unless you specifically set out to do it that way.

--
Brad