[WORKS] Re: usb receptables from old motherboard => gender changer => usb host cable?

Timo Juhani Lindfors timo.lindfors at iki.fi
Wed Aug 6 10:51:42 CEST 2008

Andy Green <andy at openmoko.com> writes:
> But, you can't charge at all like that.  As soon as you set hostmode <-
> 1 then power path from USB socket to PMU is disabled (so it doesn't try
> charge from its own generated power).
>
> If you leave hostmode at 0, provide external power AND add 15K pulldowns
> on D+ and D- externally, you can have your host cake and eat your
> charger... er... well, have it both ways.

Thanks for the info. I need to think about how to do this
compactly. Maybe I could skip the desoldering part completely and just
use chain saw to remove a piece of the motherboard that has two of
these sets of two receptables? That way I would have four USB
receptables tightly mounted on a PCB and could connect pull-down
resistors to the other side, right?