GPRS for FSO Milestone 2

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Thu Aug 7 09:18:39 CEST 2008

ons 2008-08-06 klockan 21:07 -0700 skrev Michael Shiloh:

> C R McClenaghan wrote:
> > I've been able to hack together the necessary ppp scripts to get GPRS
> > working on FSO Milestone 2 release. This is for a Freerunner, if it matters.
> >
> <snip>
> >
> > I'll post something to the wiki if there's sufficient interest.
> >
> > Chris
>
> To make a typical British understatement, "Heck yeah!".
>
> Getting GPRS working has been incredibly difficult. Please post your
> recipes on the wiki in the appropriate place.
>
> If there already exists one set please add yours as an alternative -
> this is one case where duplication is good because each carrier seems to
> be a little different.

You shouldn't need to execute pppd by yourself (on the FSO) - there are
methods available on the dbus ready to be used.

I have a shell script that executes:

mdbus -s org.freesmartphone.frameworkd /org/freesmartphone/GSM/Device
org.freesmartphone.GSM.PDP.ActivateContext internet.parlino.se username
password

It works perfectly. (However, after a disconnect I loose all GSM
connectivity, but I need to test this more in order to feel I can file a
bug.)

/ Fredrik