no usb-ethernet

Benedikt Schindler BeniSchindler at gmx.de
Thu Aug 7 12:37:21 CEST 2008

> I'm a little bit confused.
>
> On the devel List I read that the "real" ASU image has a black Wallpaper. But
> where can I download it?
>
> I downloaded this one
>
> http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200808/20080807/openmoko-openmoko-qtopia-x11-image-glibc-ipk--20080807-om-gta02.rootfs.jffs2
>
> but it has the wallpaper of the FSO image and the nice qwerty button at the
> top left. Which image is this, SHR ?
>
> Greets
> Simarillion

i also downloaded thisone today, with the result of not having a
usb-ethernet any more.
could you connect to your freerunner over usb?

without a pre installed terminal i also couldn't do very much to analyse
the problem.
i think there are still some problems with this package . (ie.: the
yesterday  rootfs had false
opkg-feeds. don't know if they changed this yet)

But i also have installed a new kernel.
(
http://buildhost.openmoko.org/daily/freerunner/200808/20080806/uImage-om-gta02-latest.bin
)

Maybe the kernel didn't have the usb-ethernet-device as buildin any
more, and the rootfs didn't have the module included yet.
(I didn't know if they made this step in the stable-kernel yet.)

beni