FSO ringtone

Michael 'Mickey' Lauer mickey at openmoko.org
Thu Aug 7 20:41:36 CEST 2008

Am Donnerstag 07 August 2008 08:51:52 schrieb Matt Joyce:
> I don't mean to be overly critical, the process you've described is
> trivial enough, and thank you for sharing, but why is is designed like
> this?

Resources. I have only four people working on whole FSO and I prefer to
concentrate on the important stuff first (telephony subsystem) rather than
making paths for ringtones configurable.

That said, configuration is on schedule for milestone 3 and Charlie has
already started working on that.

In general: Please don't forget that FSO-image is mainly about providing an UI
for testing the APIs. It happens to be good enough so that people start using
it as their main image -- which is completely fine and makes us proud -- but
the primary thing is getting the service APIs done. That's why little work
goes into the actual UI -- for now.

--
:M: