/qtopia/ alarm clock drains battery

Sven Klomp sven at klomp.de
Thu Aug 7 21:41:04 CEST 2008

On Thursday 07 August 2008 20:35:20 Brian Wilson wrote:
> > Some time ago in any of the openmoko lists someone proposed a solution
> > for RTC wakeup.
>
> I will try searching for it later. A block diagram of what's in the
> phone would be nice for this beginner.
> I wonder if one of those is around. I know they are talking of
> releasing schematics.

I wrote at the devel list, how you can use atd for wake up the phone at a
specific time:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/devel/2008-July/000502.html

However, I don't know how I can tell atd to process new scripts
in /var/spool/at. Until now, I have to wait up to ten minutes before atd sets
the wake up time when a new script was written in /var/spool/at.

Another solution is direct ioctl calls. But you have to stop atd before, since
it blocks /dev/rtc(o)

Sven