/qtopia/ alarm clock drains battery

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Thu Aug 7 22:35:41 CEST 2008

looking at atd.c of shipped with debian's at:

  /* Main loop.  Let's sleep for a specified interval,
     * or until the next job is scheduled, or until we get signaled.
     * After any of these events, we rescan the queue.
     * A signal handler setting term_signal will make sure there's
     * a clean exit.
     */

    sigaction(SIGHUP, NULL, &act);
    act.sa_handler = sdummy;
    sigaction(SIGHUP, &act, NULL);

so on sighup it wakes up, and run_loop is executed so it rereads its content
again. Thus 'pkill -HUP atd' should be sufficient imho (didn't try though)

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]