Some commentary on the new Openmoko direction, and a review of FSO

Wolfgang Spraul wolfgang at openmoko.com
Fri Aug 8 03:49:52 CEST 2008

> The is technically wrong. Trolltech had already done the 'porting to
> X'
> work as an experiment/internal demo.

Correct.
Lorn, let's not argue over who deserves more credit. Of course first
of all Trolltech developed Qt, then Qtopia. Then you did the
experimental port to X but did not finish it because there was no
paying licensee asking for it.
Which makes sense since most licensees only want one graphical toolkit
so running on framebuffer makes perfect sense to them.
We at Openmoko love the flexibility of X, we believe in the long run
many interesting things will be possible because of X.

Wolfgang