Upgrading on Qtopia

Matthew Lane malane at purdue.edu
Fri Aug 8 21:00:29 CEST 2008

Hey all,

I've read that opkg can't upgrade qtopia, but it should be able to
upgrade my kernel, correct?

Well, when I do opkg update, opkg upgrade my phone will spend about
20-30 minutes updating everything (from the latest qtopia image on
trolltech's website) and I need a lot of those packages (such as
libc++6) for running other scripts on qtopia.  Anyways, after upgrading,
I restart my phone and it freezes on the blank black screen with a
cursor in the upper left corner.  The phone won't ever boot!  So I have
to reflash the lastest image I just tried to upgrade.  I've attempted
this twice, and I can't upgrade my phone!