tangospg and 2008.8 - gui not drawing

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Fri Aug 8 21:57:43 CEST 2008

Steven Kurylo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just installed the latest tangogps (0.9.2-r1) on 2008.8.  Several
> GUI widgets aren't drawing properly, which were fine on other
> distributions.
>
> On the bottom left hand corner I see "maps" but none of the other tabs
> to the right are shown, its black.  However if I tap in the black
> area, the page loads properly (trip, config, etc).  If I'm on the trip
> page, I can see the trip tab, but the rest are black.
>
> On the map page, the "fullscreen" button on the top is cut off.  I
> also can't see the autocenter button.
>
> Is this happening to other people with 2008.8?

  Yes, the gtk theme is a bit buggy, attached my own fixed gtkrc which
reduces the inner button borders to a reasonable size and fixes the
background colour of inactive notebook tabs.

  This makes both tangogps and some other GTK apps much more usable.

  You can either install it by overwriting
/usr/share/themes/Moko/gtk-2.0/gtkrc or I think by sticking it in
~/.gtkrc-2.0

  Cheers,
   Mike.