GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - First beta package

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Fri Aug 8 22:27:44 CEST 2008

Valerio Valerio wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the first beta package of ReMoko are available now in: [..]
> Feel free to send me comments and features requests.

Awesome! Very fun to play with. :)

Question: Would it be possible to emulate the Wii Remote?

Suggestion: Write mac address on the screen when it says "Waiting for
connection ..."

Bugs:

The FSO keyboard has umlauts (äöü) in the Numbers area but they are not
sent to my laptop properly (UTF-8 support seems, I've filed a bug about
this on docs...)

When sending ö xev reports:
        KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
            root 0x5a, subw 0x0, time 322828160, (340,185),
        root:(354,275),
            state 0x10, keycode 65 (keysym 0x20, space), same_screen
        YES,
            XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
            XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
            XFilterEvent returns: False

        KeyRelease event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
            root 0x5a, subw 0x0, time 322828162, (340,185),
        root:(354,275),
            state 0x10, keycode 65 (keysym 0x20, space), same_screen
        YES,
            XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
            XFilterEvent returns: False

The four mouse buttons appear slightly off the screen when it's used in
landscape mode (xrandr -o 1).

Nice work. If the presenter thing was completed, this would even be
useful right away in it's current state. :)

/ Fredrik