Om 2008.8 doesn't ask for my pin so no gsm available

Peter Mogensen apm at bigendian.dk
Fri Aug 8 23:16:29 CEST 2008

 > I flashed the new kernel and image but if I boot now I'm not getting
 > asked for a pin. There's no gsm in 2008.8 for me...

This seem to be a common problem.
The PIN-dialog does come up once in a while though. Restarting the
X-server can make it appear.
But even though to enter the correct PIN and the dialog closes without
error, there's no GMS available.

Trying to talk AT to the modem manually doesn't seem to work either. It
just hangs.
I tried move the SIM to an old phone an it still works OK. Somehow the
FreeRunner seemded to have disabled PIN on the SIM though, so I had to
re-enable.

Peter