external keyboard

Michael Sheldon mike at mikeasoft.com
Fri Aug 8 23:34:27 CEST 2008

Greg Bonett wrote:
> Is anyone using their FreeRunner with an external USB or Bluetooth
> keyboard?  If so, how hard was it to get working?

  I am, it's pretty simple, just run:

echo "host" > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

  This'll put the Freerunner in to powered USB host mode, then just plug
in the keyboard and it'll work. Personally I've made a .desktop file to
switch into and out of host mode. To switch back to unpowered device
mode just run:

echo "device" > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

  Cheers,
   Mike.