GSoC OpenMoko Bluetooth remote controller - First beta package

Valerio Valerio vdv100 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 23:34:55 CEST 2008

Hi,

2008/8/8 Fredrik Wendt <fredrik at wendt.se>

> Valerio Valerio wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > the first beta package of ReMoko are available now in: [..]
> > Feel free to send me comments and features requests.
>
> Awesome! Very fun to play with. :)
>

> Question: Would it be possible to emulate the Wii Remote?

Yes it would be possible, it some accelerometer  work. I have a similar
functionality planed yet

> Suggestion: Write mac address on the screen when it says "Waiting for
> connection ..."
>
> Bugs:
>
> The FSO keyboard has umlauts (äöü) in the Numbers area but they are not
> sent to my laptop properly (UTF-8 support seems, I've filed a bug about
> this on docs...)

This character are now yet mapped, because my service record are only 101
keys, I have to change it to 104 and map those keys, and it only work with a
reduce number of keyboard layout's in the PC, I think.

> When sending ö xev reports:
>        KeyPress event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
>            root 0x5a, subw 0x0, time 322828160, (340,185),
>        root:(354,275),
>            state 0x10, keycode 65 (keysym 0x20, space), same_screen
>        YES,
>            XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
>            XmbLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
>            XFilterEvent returns: False
>
>        KeyRelease event, serial 30, synthetic NO, window 0x2e00001,
>            root 0x5a, subw 0x0, time 322828162, (340,185),
>        root:(354,275),
>            state 0x10, keycode 65 (keysym 0x20, space), same_screen
>        YES,
>            XLookupString gives 1 bytes: (20) " "
>            XFilterEvent returns: False
>
> The four mouse buttons appear slightly off the screen when it's used in
> landscape mode (xrandr -o 1).

My images have the landscape mode broken so I don't test in this mode, I
have to take a look in the ASU image.

> Nice work. If the presenter thing was completed, this would even be
> useful right away in it's current state. :)

Thanks for the feedback .

--
Valério Valério

http://www.valeriovalerio.org