Booting OM 2008.08 from SD - Re: Openmoko Om 2008.8 Release

Olivier Berger oberger at ouvaton.org
Sat Aug 9 08:11:11 CEST 2008

"Martin Šenkeřík" <martinsenkerik at gmail.com> writes:

> Maybe can help reflashing your u-boot with some actual version...

Thanks for the suggestion.

Haven't tried that, but instead, I changed u-boot env to add a new
menu entry including init=/sbin/init.

It went a bit further this time : kernel boots and I can see the
booting splash screen (with boots and progress bar), although the X
server wasn't started, I guess : I get a black screen.

I updated the
http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#Add_uboot_boot_entry to
show an example menu with the init kernel arg.

Anyone succeeded in booting the new image from (micro)SD ?

--
Olivier BERGER
http://www.olivierberger.com/weblog/