Booting OM 2008.08 from SD - Re: Openmoko Om 2008.8 Release

Olivier Migeot larrycow at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 10:02:39 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 8:11 AM, Olivier Berger <oberger at ouvaton.org> wrote:

> Anyone succeeded in booting the new image from (micro)SD ?

Yes, I do.

Initially, I had a running Qtopia on the said microsd (small vfat
partition with uImage.bin, big ext2 one with rootfs expanded on it,
the normal way if I guess). And it was booting fine.

Then I just replaced the uImage by the one in yesterday's
announcement, and I cleaned the rootfs and expanded the .tar.gz
provided by I-don't-remember-who on the ML a few hours later.

The first boot was somewhat messy, but it might be from my lack of
experience with ASU (I started with suspending instead of closing
apps, to give an example). From there, it worked fine for the hour or
of testing I submited it to.

I guess it won't help much, but hell... good luck with it.

--
Olivier
 M.