Android

Cédric Berger cedric.berger74 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 10:59:21 CEST 2008

On Sat, Aug 9, 2008 at 10:08, Mike Baroukh <mike at baroukh.com> wrote:
> hi all.

> But instead I wondered If I could not try to make Android running ?
> I saw that like for OpenMoko, there is and android git repository
> available (http://git.android.com/).

Android is not yet published as open source. So this git repository
must only contain the already open sourced parts (ie linux kernel
used,...)

Porting android should be possible, but only when its sources are
released (should be when first android phones are available)

> As I understood, Android is similar to FSO : One framework and
> applications that rely on it.

andoid is designed to use only applications developed specially for it.
FSO is more opened allowing to use various linux apps. It brings a
framework to ease integration of these, but you are not oblliged to
develop specifically for it.