FSO and GSM instability

Clare claregj at gmail.com
Sat Aug 9 13:33:32 CEST 2008

Yes,  I have a GTA01 and GTA02 both running FSO-M2. Each one has a SIM
card. The GTA01 has its blue bar steadily on. The GTA02  the bar is
off more than on.Sometimes it briefly says "No Service".  I have
fiddled with it and taken some notes but it is
quite erratic. and even if I succeed in ringing it the call drops out.
Neither phone answers a call till it has gone through a complex
startup. while doing 1234 frequently as it goes into withdrawal very
quickly, it is necessary to press the phone icon, get the keyboard,
press  the X on the keyboard which gets the 4 icons back press the
phone icon. at that point the bar goes blue and it changes from
"zhone" to "Vodafone AU."
Neither is doing well at initiating a call either. GTA02 I managed to
hear hello once from the other phone then nothing.
I can look inside via ssh if I knew what to look for.

clare