2008 WTF??

Mike Baroukh mike at baroukh.com
Sat Aug 9 21:07:44 CEST 2008

> Well the problem is that the toolchain has such a huge ramp-up to just
> get started that there really isn't much contribution to the mainline
> base packages from the community.
I'm not an expert, but I agree.
I think it would be possible to make a SDK with Eclipse.
It would come with arm gcc and wizards.
It could be used to create/build/package/deploy/share projects ...

> Also I don't see real dedication and vision to get rid of bugs and produce
> something stable and usable.

Couldn't it be, like on Debian, 3 repositories : stable, testing and
unstable ?
This way, users could choose if they wan't something stable or something
new.
And package could graduate according to bug reports.

That's actually what heart me.
It seem that when upgrading, you don't know if it will continue to work ...