2008 WTF??

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Sun Aug 10 05:19:06 CEST 2008

http://doc.trolltech.com

> I would love to write a couple small apps and a game or two for the
> device.

ftp://ftp.trolltech.com/qtopia/snapshots/
in the examples directory. Or, really, the whole of Qtopia _is_ an
example app.

> In fact, that's one of the main reasons I bought the phone.
> Unfortunately, the process of getting the toolchain set up has proved far too
> time consuming than my schedule can presently tolerate.

http://qtopia.net
has an easy to install qtopia sdk for the neo. It runs in a vmware
machine. It has all the tools you need to create Qtopia applications,
and then some. If you have a native linux host, you can mount the
downloaded iso, and extract the iso. Mount that and run the installer
script, which has the toolchain and qtopia binaries necessary for
development.

> Beyond that, I'd also
> like to see some good documentation for API's (for UI widgets, etc.)

http://doc.trolltech.com/qtopia4.3/index.html

Since ASU has Qt and Qtopia libraries, you can easily develop any app
with the Qtopia Neo SDK, and then compile them against the toolchain
available in the download directories at openmoko. I have not tested
this later part.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, Trolltech, a Nokia company