Upgrading on Qtopia

Jim Morris ml at e4net.com
Sun Aug 10 06:00:06 CEST 2008

Jim Morris wrote:
> Lorn Potter wrote:
>
>>> in which repository should it be ?
>> wget
>> http://downloads.openmoko.org/repository/Om2008.8/om-gta02/openmoko-feed-configs_1.0-r0.02_om-gta02.opk
>>
>> and install that.
>>

> FYI you need to rename it with an .ipk extension then do
>  > opkg install filename
>
> However when you do the opkg update && opkg upgrade it seems to install a bunch of stuff we don't
> need like...
>
> qtopia-phone-x11*
>
> I hope that is ok.

Ok that totally hosed the system, it boots then I get a flashing cursor in the top left screen and a
blank screen and thats it, dead system :(

Looks like yu cannot use this recipe to update Qtopia from the pre 2008-08-08 version.

I'll reflash the rootfs, and restore my home.

I presume this script will update future versions of qtopia?

--
Jim Morris, http://blog.wolfman.com