USB keyboards "silent" in terminal (FSO)

Peter Trapp openmoko at genial.ms
Sun Aug 10 10:50:56 CEST 2008

Von: "Fredrik Wendt"
> I bought a USB gender changer (5€) and today I've played with it to see
> what the smartphone's capable of. I really only have one goal and that
> is to avoid having to buy a BT keyboard for faster input in the
> terminal.
>
> I've been able to connect two keyboards, they light up but doesn't
> "work" in the terminal (FSO). Is there something I can do to enable
> input from these external devices?

<snip several lines>

Do you want to use a USB keyboard with your FR? I found in the community ML following answer, but I have not tested though...

In [1] Michael Sheldon said:
I am, it's pretty simple, just run:

echo "host" > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
echo "1" > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

  This'll put the Freerunner in to powered USB host mode, then just plug
in the keyboard and it'll work. Personally I've made a .desktop file to
switch into and out of host mode. To switch back to unpowered device
mode just run:

echo "device" > /sys/devices/platform/s3c2410-ohci/usb_mode
echo "0" > /sys/devices/platform/neo1973-pm-host.0/hostmode

HTH
-homyx

[1] http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-August/025729.html

--