GPRS / Wifi

Roland Mas lolando at debian.org
Sun Aug 10 11:07:35 CEST 2008

Mike Baroukh, 2008-08-10 00:52:11 +0200 :

> But I'm asking this : When using wifi or usb, I don't need a proxy.
> When using GPRS, I need a proxy.
> I will not re-configure anything each time.
>
> Does somebody know if there is a solution ?

  Putting scripts into /etc/network/if-up.d would probably work.

> for each connection, there would be parameters :
> - ip (static or dhcp)

  This should be configured in /etc/network/interfaces

> - nameserver
> - gateway

  This info can come from the DHCP server, the PPP remote end, or
static in /etc/network/interfaces again.

> - proxy (http / https / ftp  ...)
> - proxy type (transparent or not)
> - user/password for proxy
> - may be max upload/download bandwith
> - may be firewall rules

  Scripts are your friends there :-)

> Last : may be it could connect to internet transparently if needed by an
> application.

  At least on Debian, there's a "diald" package that does exactly
this.  I guess it could be ported to Openmoko.

Roland.
--
Roland Mas

M-x execute-extended-command