Kernel module request: MASQuerade on FR

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Sun Aug 10 11:50:57 CEST 2008

> | Hi.
> |
> | I want to use the FreeRunner as a GPRS modem for my laptop. I can
> | successfully setup SNAT, but MASQUERADE would be even better (since the
> | GPRS connection is rather flaky and SNAT drops/looses track of the
> | laptop's connections when ppp0 goes down).
> |
> | Is this completely out of scope? Should I ask for this in Trac?
>
> This should already exist, I find -->
>
> CONFIG_IP_NF_TARGET_MASQUERADE=m
>
> Is there something else needed in the config?

iptables said it didn't recognize match/rule/target but SNAT worked with
the same arguments. Can't get my FreeRunner to boot now (completely
dead) so I can't give you the exact error message. I will as soon as my
FreeRunner comes back to life again. :/

The command I used would've been
'iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.200 -j MASQUERADE '

'iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -s 192.168.0.200 -j SNAT --to-source
83.84.85.68' however did work.

/ Fredrik Wendt