packaking Xglamo for debian?

Timo Jyrinki timo.jyrinki at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 15:16:46 CEST 2008

2008/8/10 Timo Juhani Lindfors <timo.lindfors at iki.fi>:
> Does Xglamo offer some advantages over xorg?

I guess it has some of the acceleration features that help to overcome
the slowness of Glamo otherwise, if compared to pure framebuffer
device.

But couldn't Xglamo just be made into xf86-video-glamo kind of driver
for Xorg? Is there any work on that already?

> If yes, would it be appropriate to package it to
>
> http://pkg-fso.alioth.debian.org/debian/pool/main/
>
> as it currently does not seem to be there?

Most probably yes. There's dput information on the pkg-fso page too.
It would seem like FSO:s mailing lists are used so if someone is about
to do the packaging, it's probably best to announce it there.

-Timo