debugging qpe -- please help me to confirm

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sun Aug 10 16:47:53 CEST 2008

It seems that many issues are linked to qpe shipped with 2008.2 thus it
would be great if people know how to get valuable debug information

I didn't install famous 2008.2 yeat so I am asking someone to confirm
that this works (it came from irc chat with lpotter):

 cp /opt/Qtopia/etc/default/Trolltech/Log.conf ~/Settings/Trolltech

 and then you might enable some debug targets, /etc/init.d/qpe restart

 and see/dump logread into a file

it should provide significant amount of information of what qpe is doing

if that works on qpe -- craft a wiki page describing it or just confirm
here and I will do that.

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]