New Qtopia-Images fixes suspend problem nearly complete!

Yaroslav Halchenko site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com
Sun Aug 10 19:12:36 CEST 2008

well -- correct me if I am wrong, but the irony of the situation is that
suspend/wakeup is handled by the kernel, and qtopia images use stock
kernel from OM. Thus whatever suspend/resume achievements you see - they
are solely due to OM developers.

qtopia relevant pros though: call/receive after resume, absent explicit
wake up on GSM activity, etc indeed are nice and it is really strange
that OM's images are "not yet there" since qtopia proves that kernel
part is good enough already (not to say that ASU/2008.2 are based on
qtopia)

qtopia has 1 very annoying to me issue though -- if I receive a phone
call, and click on answer button -- it takes 2-4 seconds for the phone
to actually react -- thus I often lost some phone calls which is
annoying. Well -- may be in upcoming 4.4 qtopia release it becomes
better (lpotter mentioned slightly speedier experience)

and what you experience is 'white screen of death' -- you might search
for it -- there is bug report somewhere

--
                                  .-.
                   Linux User    ^^-^^    [175555]