New Qtopia-Images fixes suspend problem nearly complete!

Rorschach r0rschach at lavabit.com
Sun Aug 10 19:33:24 CEST 2008

On Sun, 10 Aug 2008 13:12:36 -0400
Yaroslav Halchenko <site-openmoko.org at onerussian.com> wrote:

> well -- correct me if I am wrong, but the irony of the situation is that
> suspend/wakeup is handled by the kernel, and qtopia images use stock
> kernel from OM. Thus whatever suspend/resume achievements you see - they
> are solely due to OM developers.

Then thanks to the OM devs for this!

> qtopia relevant pros though: call/receive after resume, absent explicit
> wake up on GSM activity, etc indeed are nice and it is really strange
> that OM's images are "not yet there" since qtopia proves that kernel
> part is good enough already (not to say that ASU/2008.2 are based on
> qtopia)

I'm pretty confident, that in the next half year Om will be at least on the same level as qtopia is (and in some points further). I can't wait to develop applications for the Om but at the moment I feel a bit lost with it because there's no api-documentation, no basic ui you want to or can develop for. If Om will have a base to work on it will grow very very fast! But at the moment I dunno what to do with it because the basics are not working. But as said I'm pretty confident that those problems will be solved.

> and what you experience is 'white screen of death' -- you might search
> for it -- there is bug report somewhere

Yes found it, thanks for pointing me to this.