2008 WTF??

Fredrik Wendt fredrik at wendt.se
Sun Aug 10 20:59:20 CEST 2008

sön 2008-08-10 klockan 09:13 -0700 skrev steve:

> I'll Agree in part that the web shop could be clearer. So we will fix that.

Thank you, on behalf of those that can't look deep enough to understand
the state of the openmoko software (and hence the smartphone).

> Shipping with Qtopia really wasn't an option, given the schedules.
> So, when the phone went into production qtopia was not quite ready.
> Trust me we considered the path of doing a launch with Qtopia.

I understand that, however, I think there should've been time to add a
sentence or two to the web site though.

> So, We finished a basic Dialer, SMS and contacts and shipped with that.
> Then Qtopia becomes available
> Then 2008.8 becomes available
> Then FSO becomes available.

That progress is just plain beautiful. :)

Keep it up!

/ Fredrik Wendt