Battery Charge Solution(Not)

Scott scott at tnstaafl.net
Sun Aug 10 23:30:33 CEST 2008

I attempted to install the two solutions to the Neo FreeRunner not
charging when connected to a laptop or car charger.

http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Forcing_fast_charge_mode

Even though both sources can easily handle a 500ma charge.

The first one that is packaged up

http://hdr.meetr.de/neo/openmoko/battery/battery_0.20080721_armv4t.ipk

I installed but no icon on the desktop. It installed a desktop file and
icon file in the  correct place but nothing is displayed.

I attempted to try to run the program in a terminal window but the
keyboard is ABSOLUTELY WORTHLESS!  Thats just an exercise in frustration.

I installed the Power Center solution

copy Power Center into /usr/bin and "chmod u+x /usr/bin/power_center"

copy Power Center Desktop fileinto /usr/share/applications

but it crashes when you run it.

If I can't charge the phone with a car charger or computer usb port its
worthless.

Scott